Online Drawing Class 6 week Curriculum
Please note: Students must have still life materials, drawing materials and paper both white sketch paper and grey pastel paper (or in a pinch large sheets of middle value construction paper) in order to do the class assignments.
- White Objects on Dark Ground (only man-made objects) using ebony pencil, and 2B pencil, pink pearl eraser and smudge stick on white sketch pad
- Something from Nature (flowers, a potted plant, a maple branch, a pumpkin or turnip) using ebony pencil, and 2B pencil, pink pearl eraser and smudge stick on white sketch pad
- Pick a single “Sketch Pad-sized Object” (binoculars, surge protector cords, crock pot, etc) and draw it, literally, the size it is, on your white sketch paper with a 2B pencil, an ebony pencil, a pink pearl eraser and a smudge stick.
- Bowls of different sizes (and other kitchen items) (rolling pin, cream & sugar holders, basters, cup measures, funnel, casserole dishes, Corning ware) a variety of solid colors which will translate into various values, with pencil, black charcoal pencils, compressed charcoal, a pink pearl eraser and a kneaded eraser on white drawing paper.
- Fresh Fruit – apples and/or pears, or lemons and/or oranges, (or in a pinch, 6 eggs would work – we get our fruit and eggs from the TP farmers market. Using black and white pastel pencils, black and white pastels on Mi-Teintes grey paper half sheet.
- Things that are shiny – like silver plate or brushed aluminum (+ black) such as a hot water kettle or salt and pepper shakers, cake pans etc. Black and white pastel pencils and black and white pastels on Mi-Teintes grey paper half sheet.